Monday, January 11, 2010

January 10, 2010 - Disney Marathon

... And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
Hebrews 12:1

So 7 months ago I had this ridiculous idea that I should run a marathon - and so it began. A friend and I signed up for a running group and started running the first week of June. When I started, I could barely run 4 miles. Today I completed 26.2 miles through all 4 parks at Disney in FREEZING weather. It was so cold the water in the cups at the water stops was frozen. Thank you to my wonderful husband who has been so supportive over the last 7 months to let me accomplish this crazy goal. Thank you to all of my family and friends who endured the journey with me and cheered me on the entire way - I could not have done it without all of you. Above all, praise God for giving me the strength and endurance to finish the race.

No comments: