This will probably be a boring rambling - but sleep is all I can think about these days. We were on a pretty great schedule till about a week ago. Eli was sleeping 12 hours at night and taking a good 2-3 hour nap daily. Brock and Sophie were trained to stay in their room till their alarm clock went off in the morning and we were doing great going to bed at night - over all no complaints! Then last week happened. My dad had his 5th back surgery (the 3rd in the last two years) and has been staying with us for a week.
We moved Eli into the big kids room and to be honest, we has doing fantastic overall with sleeping at night. They were getting up a little too early, but no real problems. It's made for some fantastic pictures of how all three kids fall asleep at night seeing that they refuse to sleep in separate beds (we have 3 beds in that room but they all end up on the same twin bed every night!) However, after a week of going to bed late and waking up early, we are all walking zombies - the kids are keeping each other up at night so they go to sleep later and wake up earlier - correction, we are all waking up earlier! Eli has even been found sleeping sitting up right after I get him out of his car seat because he is just so tired he can't wake up! Funny how you don't appreciate something (or even know you have it) till it's gone!
I'm still running. My first 5k for this pregnancy is Saturday. We've almost been having 'cooler' weather so I'm praying the humidity is low Saturday morning. I've run this race once before, years and years ago, and it is still the hottest most miserable race I've ever run to date!! How I hope that is not true this time around!
Homeschooling is still going great. We've been doing bare bones this past week since we are so out of sorts with our schedule, but like a champ, Brock has adapted well and is reading full sentences on 4 weeks into it. I'm so proud of him!
None of this is super exciting, so I will leave you with some entertaining pictures of the kids sleeping over the last week!
 |
| We let Eli start feeding himself ;) |
 |
| Ol' Bubble Beard |
 |
| Dog pile sleep |
 |
| everyone to the Right! |
 |
| Eli is hanging on for dear life! |
 |
| Frickle and I hit the 6 month mark! |
No comments:
Post a Comment