When he realizes it is time for Daddy to go to work, Brock goes and puts his shoes on then proceeds to our closet to get shoes for Micah to wear as well. (Please note that in these pictures, Brock chose his own clothing. The navy socks with the black Crocs are all him. I promise I make both my boys wear pants before leaving the house as well!)
When Brock realizes that Daddy is gone and he didn't get to go with him, he stands at the gate and cries. It's really sad and adorable all at the same time that he loves his daddy that much.
Micah made the suggestion last week that maybe if I would bring Brock out into the garage so he could tell Daddy bye and see him leave, it wouldn't be so traumatic. In theory this sounded great, so we tried it. Brock followed Micah out into the garage while Micah was putting his work shoes on and I was standing in our laundry room with the door open watching my boys. When Micah said it was time for him to go, Brock turned around to me, blew me kisses and said "bye!" I started to step out of the laundry room into the garage to pick Brock up only to be met by my toddler squealing and pushing me back into the house and closing the door in my face. You have to give him credit for his determination - he WAS going to go with Daddy and Mommy was not stopping him!
Through it all, I am so grateful to see that I have a little boy who loves his Daddy so
much that he can't stand to be away from him and a husband who is so in love with his little boy it breaks his heart to leave him to go to work. How blessed I am! I also know, deep down in that little navy sock loving, no pants wearing, door shutting little heart, he loves his mommy too :o)
2 comments:
That is both sweet and funny. I can't believe he actually shut the door in your face! Charlotte still cries when I try to leave. We say bye, we wave and we blow kisses, but it only works about half the time and the rest of the time she melts into pieces. It's really sad. The upside is the greeting you get when you come back though :) This is good timing for the arrival of Sophie too. Brock will be great about going with Micah when you need a few minutes alone with her. It's like you said: God's timing. He's using this time to strengthen that bond, so you can strengthen the other one coming up. Speaking of which, what's up? Have you had any more progress in that department? Tell Sophie those hairbows aren't going to wear themselves!
Ohmigosh, adorable story, Stace! I think I just cried a few tears for my sweet little nephew and maybe a few more for my sweet big brother. Ugh, there are are a few more tears. I love how happy you all are together. It makes me feel blessed to know how blessed you are. Love you all.
Post a Comment